Jack is a videogame character... only he doesn't know it yet. Help Jack survive his voyage of self-discovery!
Mayhem in Single Valley is the story of Jack, a local troublemaker who makes series earth-shattering discoveries on the day he is supposed to leave home to for art college. Jack's adventure begins in a semi-realistic version of everyday life but unfolds into a humorous and philosophical examination of the interplay between The Player, Jack, and the game's creators.
I have spent the last year developing Mayhem In Single Valley and recently completed a fully playable demo that covers the first 5% of a 4 to 6 hr campaign. I am aiming for a cross between The Last Of Us and Undertale with a bit of Zelda thrown in for good measure. Please let me know what you think?
- An in-depth story with weird and wonderful fleshed-out characters.
- Dynamic context-based conversations and inner monologues.
- Lots of level-up items, modes of transport, and mini games.
- Combine different food types, antidotes, and poisons to escape and/or manipulate crazed wildlife and bosses.
- Combine, use, equip, items. But beware! Searching through your knapsack leaves you vulnerable to attack.
- Pull, push, drag, and generally fling items about your environment to solve puzzles and overcome obstacles.
- Manage your medication or your world will become distorted and you will die!
- Walkman based soundtrack. You decide what music you'd like to accompany your battles. Different tracks boost different players abilities.
- Unique 2D lighting that transitions between morning, evening, and night, changing the look and feel of each environment.
- Lots of Abrams-esque secret stuff I can't speak about right now : )
Free Soundtrack EP